Feb 28th, 2017 show with Chris Byrne.
Tonight on Stew and The Nunn we will be welcoming Mr. Chris Byrne to the show. Chris has had a life long passion for dogs and a distinguished career. On September 11, 2011 Chris was honored for his work at the World Trade Center Recovery Mission along side Ret. Detective Richard Lewis, the only living two time recipient of the NYPD’s Medal of Honor. While it was an honor to be recognized for his work, his greatest rewards comes from the day to day work of helping families and pets find harmony in their homes. Chris has over 20 years in Law Enforcement, to include being a deputy sheriff. He has worked with a long list of law enforcement agencies across the country and with many other organizations and government agencies to provide his special gifts of working with K-9s and focusing on security.
In addition to his many accomplishments, several noteworthy ones include:
- Licensed by the State of Connecticut as a K-9 training facility (#32)
- Registered with the United States Department of Justice, Drug Enforcement Administration ( DEA) as a Research Laboratory schedules 1 and 2 since 1993
- Licensed by the Connecticut Department of Consumer Protection as a Registered Controlled Substance Laboratory since 1993
- Awarded exclusive contract and appointed K-9 Bomb Detection Supervisor for the World Trade Center (WTC) recovery mission by FEMA, NYPD and OEM.
- Trained and supplied dogs for live appearances and television for the World Wrestling Federation for 6 years.
- Consulted on a feature films for Francis Films and supplied dogs and training for more then 12 Music Videos, multiple television commercials and print advertisements
- Contracted to supply Bomb Detection Dogs and Handler to the Empire State Building
- Contracted to Protect Federal Plaza in New York City during the WTC mission
- Multiple Contracts to protect the Jacob Javits Convention Center New York City
- In the days following September 11, 2001 our bomb Dog Teams assisted the NYPD by providing emergency responses teams to bomb threats at the following noted locations; CNN, NYC Public Library, FOX News, Grand Central Station, Macy at Herald Square, The Israeli Embassy, Empire State Building, Rockefeller Center, Federal Plaza, Bowling Green, New York Stock Exchange, Penn Station, Pennsylvania Hotel, the Queen Elizabeth II, Rockefeller Plaza and countless others.
Learn more about Chris and what he has done at www.k9one.com/our-staff/christopher-byrne/